Monday, August 9, 2010

I know that my life has changed since getting pregnant & placing my son with his forever family. I will not say that it was easy. I tried to put the whole situation out of my mind. I tried to distance myself from the pregnancy. I thought of this child as someone else's. Why?? I didn't want to get attached because I knew if I did I wuldn't be able to go through with the adoption plan. You think that I should of just parented and not put myself through the heartache & pain that I did?? I wish it was that easy for me. I knew that decision I made was made for my son & what was right for him. I wanted so much more than I could give him. Financial is not the only thing I wanted for him. My life wasn't the greatest & I lacked some very important parenting skills. I was thankful I had the presence of mind to recognize that. A child is a precious person & you can't undo the damage that is once done. I am living proof of that. I am sure throughout this blog you will see some of the same phrases repeated over & over again but it is hard to get people to understand why we do what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment