Friday, October 22, 2010

This is Why...

As a birthmom, we carry alot of pain placing a child for adoption. We chose adoption because it was the best choice for our child.
Having hateful & hurtful comments aimed towards us cements my decision to live my life as a birthmom in secret!!!
How would you accept me if you knew who I really was??? Being a birthmom is a part of who I am, not what I am...
Until you are faced with a decision as serious as choosing what is best for your child, you will never know how we struggle with our decision.. Calling us names doesn't change a thing. Maybe trying to put yourself in our shoes for a minute maybe you can see what we see...
Do not question our love for our children.. Do not assume we are cold hearted. We chose life!! A cold hearted person would never be able to make that choice..
You may not agree with our decision but you do have to RESPECT US!!

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more!!! Sometimes I have these emotions about myself -- that maybe I am cold-hearted for giving up my baby. But most of the time I know that not a soul in the world should ever be judging me for my choice.

    Thank you for your words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I are hoping to adopt and we are currently in contact with an expectant mother. I look up to birthmothers sooo much!! It breaks my heart that people would ever say something mean to a woman who would make such a selfless courageous decision. Know that there are many of us out there that have nothing but respect and admiration for those of you who have made such sacrifice!

    ReplyDelete